Our camping weekends are open to all members of the Camping and Caravanning Club
Make sure you bookmark this page and visit it regularly!
26.7.20 Under club guidelines, any meets taking place in 2020 will now be BOOKED MEETS If you are interested in attending please email TheRidingsFG@aol.com re. current availability of pitches.
Information for the meet at Hutton le Hole is given below
Booking Information: Hutton le Hole
Dates: Thurs 27 August 2020 (site opening 12 noon) to Tues 1 Sept 2020 (12 noon)
Booking Deadline: Thurs 20 August 2020 by email to TheRidingsFG@aol.com
Under the Club’s Covid-19 ‘Onsite Operational Procedures’ the approach is to:
- Observe social distancing procedures following government guidance
- Observe hygiene and cleaning procedures
- Take a risk-based approach consistent with health and safety law and emergency coronavirus legislation
- Campers are responsible for bringing their own hand sanitiser and cleaning items with them prior to arrival onsite
- A Meet and THS is a camp site by which each member has a pitch, this is not a social gathering and no activities of social gathering are to occur on the camp site
- Campers should be made aware there are strictly no day visitors to the site
- This is a BOOKED MEET and all pitches are confirmed by email.
- The cost is £10 per unit night (up to 2 adults). Additional adults (over 18’s) are charged £5 per night.
- Exact money must be brought to the meet in a sealed envelope. Written on the envelope should be the names of the campers, membership numbers and a mobile contact telephone number*. (* This mobile phone number to be kept for 21 days after the meet for ‘track and trace’ purposes)
- After booking, no additional nights camping will be allowed, nor any refunds.
- If the gate is closed, the person leaving their vehicle to open the gate should use sanitiser on their hands before opening the gate, once the unit is on site, this person should close the gate, return to the vehicle and again use hand sanitiser. (This process to be repeated when ever leaving or re-entering the site during the meet)
- Having driven up to the Steward, everyone should remain in the vehicle until instructed otherwise. The membership card should be shown to the Steward and the lead camper should only leave their vehicle if requested by the Steward.
- Site fees will be collected at a later time.
- The lead camper to confirm that no one in their party have any COVID-19 symptoms.
- Campers to be instructed where to pitch by the Steward.
- Every individual is required to act responsibly and honestly in order to protect others.
- There are strictly no day visitors allowed on site.
- Limit social gatherings to maximum numbers as outlined in Government guidelines – Individuals are responsible for adhering to these guidelines. e. there will be none of our traditionally organised activities on site and no evening dances.
- Children should not roam unsupervised around the campsite to avoid breaking social distancing rules.
- Only adults to use the water taps and campers should their own hand wipes/sanitiser in this area. Any wipes to be disposed of in your own rubbish.
- If a camper suspects they have developed COVID-19 symptoms, they should return home immediately and inform the Steward before leaving.
Update 15.3.20 Due to ongoing developments regarding the Coronavirus we will endeavour to post the latest position regarding each meet on this website as soon as the situation is known – please check this position before setting off for the site.
Update 7.4.20 – Epworth Meet (18 – 22 June) is cancelled Update 14.4.20 – Meets starting in May’20 cancelled by HQ (Garton on the Wold, Coxwold & Thornton Watlass)
Update 22.5.20 – Meets starting in July’20 cancelled by HQ (Cononley)
Update 3.7.20 – Invitation to North Central meet at Thoresby cancelled as site no longer available
Update 26.7.20 Booking information for Hutton le Hole shared. Meet at Wintersett in Sept is cancelled but replaced by BOOKED MEET at Strensall. Meet at Cawthorne in Sept to be a BOOKED MEET. Dinner Dance at Sykehouse is cancelled for 2020
See the 2020 Camping Programme page for all of our fixtures