Our camping weekends are open to all members of the Camping and Caravanning Club
Make sure you bookmark this page and visit it regularly!
Thursday 7 March – Sunday 10 March 2024 Wetherby Racecouse
AGM Meet – Saturday at 4pm
See the 2024 Camping Programme page for all of our fixtures
FDSG EASTER MEET
Good Friday 29th March to Wednesday 3rd April 2024
The 2024 Folk Group Easter Meet is being held at the De Montfort School, Evesham.
There is a Follow on Meet at Brailes which will run until Sunday 7th April.
All Camping and Caravanning Club members are welcome. The Easter meet is a booked meet and booking is available online or by downloading, printing and then posting a hard copy.
Click here for an online form, or
if you prefer to download and print a paper copy just click here to download a booking form.
Once your booking has been received you will be sent a full programme of events to help you plan your Easter break. The programme will be sent as a pdf file by email if you book online.
To give you a taster of what to expect, the daily activities are expected to include:
- Dance Workshops for beginners and for the more experienced plus specific Scottish Dance and Morris Dance workshops.
- Craft Workshops for encaustic wax painting, Japanese brush painting, canal art, mosaics, wet felting and many more crafts.
- Song Sessions for singing shanties, singing in harmony and skiffle.
- Learning and Playing Music with a variety of instruments including ukulele, guitar and fiddle.
- Children up to the age of twelve have their own programme though they can join their parents if they want to learn to dance, play in the skiffle session or try a particular craft.
- There are dances, song sessions and concerts every evening. Tea and coffee are served twice daily and we have two hot food vans visiting the site.
- There is an independent area for the youth group under the organisation and guidance of our youth leaders who camp in the same area.
The Easter meet is run by volunteers from the Folk Group and we always welcome any extra help from Club members. There is space on the booking form where you can offer to help.
I look forward to seeing you at our Easter Meet.
If there is anything you need to know in the meantime please get in touch by email.